The Wellington region is located on the southern tip of the North Island of New Zealand and includes New Zealand's capital city - Wellington, with a population of approximately 370,000.
Wellington is surrounded by hills and rugged coastline and boasts a stunning harbour on the edge of the Central Business and Government District.
The main centres of Wellington are
- Wellington City - capital city of New Zealand
- Lower Hutt and Petone - across the harbour from Wellington City
- Upper Hutt - at the base of the Rimutaka hills, en route to the East Coast of the North Island
- Porirua - a major retail centre approximately 20 minutes north of Wellington City
- Kapiti Coast, including Paraparaumu and Raumati - known for its warm, relaxed climate and beautiful coastal scenery
Please follow the links below to find out more about living in the Wellington region: