NZDF personnel will support more than 300 events throughout New Zealand.
NZDF support for the national commemorative programme at Pukeahu National War Memorial Park in Wellington includes a Vigil Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior (from 5.20am – 5.50pm), catafalque guards, wreath attendants, RNZAF drummers, and a bugler from the RNZN Band.
RNZN vessels will be at home ports over Anzac weekend and Anzac Day.
- HMNZS ROTOITI – Whangarei
- HMNZS HAWEA – Tauranga
- HMNZS TE KAHA – Napier
- HMNZS OTAGO – Dunedin
- HMNZS MANAWANUI – Whitianga
- HMNZS WELLINGTON – Wellington
For more information about the ships’ visits, go to www.nznavy75.co.nz
The RNZAF fly pasts on Anzac Day will be:
- Auckland, where a C-130 will fly past Auckland Cenotaph at 6.15am, and a P-3K2 will fly past Auckland Cenotaph at 11am.
- Hamilton, where a P-3K2 will fly past the Hamilton First World War Memorial at 6.45am
- Palmerston North, where two T-6C Texan aircraft will fly past the Palmerston North War Memorial at 9.15am
- Wellington, where two T-6C Texan aircraft will fly past Pukeahu National War Memorial Park at midday.
Note: Please note the above fly past times are approximate.
Anzac Day events taking place in Wellington
- 5.30am - Dawn Service at Pukeahu National War Memorial Park
- 9am - Wellington Citizens Wreath Laying Service at the Cenotaph
- 11am - National Anzac Day Service at Pukeahu National War Memorial Park
- 2.30pm - Ataturk Memorial Service at Strathmore
- 5.30pm - The Last Post Ceremony at Pukeahu National War Memorial Park
- 6pm - 10pm - WWI Remembered: A Light and Sound Show 2016
For programme details see: www.mch.govt.nz/anzac-day