Latest changes and information on this site.
- The Royal New Zealand Navy (RNZN) quote "A life less ordinary" is certainly true for three RNZN sailors on board Australian Ship HMAS Melbourne who have been instrumental in interception of pirates and the seizure of narcotics off the coast of Somalia, Tanzania and in the Indian Ocean.
Kiwi Sailors Aid in Billion-Dollar Drug Bust
- A new report on military women in the New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) has found that while New Zealand compares well with other forces, continued improvement is needed in the way the Defence Force attracts and retains the people it needs to succeed in modern conflicts.
NZDF Building on Good Progress in Gender Equity
- Lieutenant General Timothy (Tim) James Keating, a highly experienced former Special Forces commander, today assumed command of the 13,000-strong New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF).
LT GEN Timothy James Keating Takes Over as NZ's New Defence Chief
Latest Corporate Documents
- As required by the Public Finance Act 1989, the New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) produces an annual report for the House of Representatives. This provides a report on the NZDF's strategic initiatives, output expenses, and financial performance for the year under review. Annual Report for the year ended 30 June 2013 [pdf - 2Mb - 209 pages]
- Under statute - the Public Finance Act 1989 - all government departments and agencies are required to produce a Statement of Intent. The New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Statement of Intent is a medium-term strategic document produced annually and tabled in the House of Representatives on Budget Day (normally late May) every year. Essentially, as the title implies, the SOI provides a summary of what the NZDF intends to achieve over the medium term (three to five years) and how it intends to do this. New Zealand Defence Force - Statement of Intent for the period 1 July 2013- 30 June 2016 [pdf 487 kb]