Latest changes and information on this site.
Latest Public Documents
- Briefing to the Incoming Minister: This joint briefing was provided to the incoming Minister of Defence, Hon Mark Mitchell, in April 2017. Produced by the New Zealand Defence Force and Ministry of Defence, it provides background on the Defence portfolio and upcoming work programme.
Briefing to the Incoming Minister [pdf | 1.83 MB | 35 pages]
- As required by the Public Finance Act 1989, the New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) produces an annual report for the House of Representatives. This provides a report on the NZDF's strategic initiatives, output expenses, and financial performance for the year under review.
Annual Report for the year ended 30 June 2016 [pdf | 3.19Mb | 152 pages]
- NZDF has published the latest Benchmarking Administrative and Support Services (BASS) report for 2014/2015.
NZDF Benchmarking Administrative and Support Services (BASS) Report 2014/2015 [xls | 1.1mb]
- The Defence White Paper 2016 was released by the Ministry of Defence on 8 June 2016. It sets out the Government’s expectations for Defence over the coming decades.
Defence White Paper 21016 [pdf | 1.43mb | 40 pages]
- Under statute - the Public Finance Act 1989 - all government departments and agencies are required to produce a Statement of Intent. The New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Statement of Intent is a medium-term strategic document produced annually and tabled in the House of Representatives every year. Essentially, as the title implies, the SOI provides a summary of what the NZDF intends to achieve over the medium term (three to five years) and how it intends to do this.
New Zealand Defence Force - Statement of Intent for the period 1 July 2015- 30 June 2018 [pdf | 1.68mb | 40 pages]
- The 2016 Defence Capability Plan outlines the investment in capability required to deliver the force structure of the Defence White Paper 2016. It is the primary vehicle for the Government to communicate its defence capability priorities to the public, industry, and international partners.
Defence Capability Plan 2016 [pdf | 5.29mb | 86 pages]