The DFSS is now closed to new members. Existing members can continue with the Scheme. Significant enhancements have been made for existing members, including:
– Introduction of member investment choice. You can now choose how you wish to have your funds invested from seven options.
– Daily calculation of fund balances.
– If you are a DFSS Category A member, you can continue contributing to the Scheme after you leave the Regular Force.
– If you are a DFSS Category B or C member, you can continue contributing to the Scheme after you leave NZDF.
- Mercer (NZ) Limited remains the Scheme administrator for the DFSS.
- Members of the DFSS as at 1 October 2015 have three options:
– Continue contributing to the DFSS; or
– Cease contributing to the DFSS and instead join the New Zealand Defence Force KiwiSaver Scheme or New Zealand Defence Force FlexiSaver Scheme, or both; or
– Continue contributing to the DFSS and join and contribute to the New Zealand Defence Force KiwiSaver Scheme and/or New Zealand Defence Force FlexiSaver Scheme.
- If you cease contributing to the DFSS to join the New Zealand Defence Force KiwiSaver Scheme your funds remain in the DFSS Scheme unless you direct them to be transferred.
- Eligibility across the five Schemes for monthly rewards of $250 prezzy cards and two larger rewards each year, to a total value of $50,000 per year, provided by the Scheme administrator.
- Financial advice available through Milestone Direct Limited.
Refer to the information kit for more information on how the changes impact on the DFSS, including the new DFSS Member Booklet.
Introduction of 'second chance' home purchase facility
Are you a DFSS Category A or C member, and
- are looking to buy a home for you and your family?
- have either previously owned a home which you no longer own? Or
- own a home in a region that is different to where you are posted?
Then you may now be able to withdraw your DFSS Category A or C funds to purchase your new home.
Read the attached fact sheets for more information about the second chance home purchase withdrawal and to see if you satisfy the criteria:
or you can go to the Mercer Superfacts site, or contact NZDF's financial advisory service, Milestone Direct LTD on 0508 645 378.