Ms Jo Devine
Jo graduated from Massey University with a Bachelor of Business Studies, is a qualified Chartered Accountant. Jo was awarded an Aotearoa Chevening Fellowship in 1999 and a Fellowship by the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand in 2016 for her outstanding career achievements in the profession of accountancy.
Jo has worked extensively in the public sector, private sector, not-for-profit and in senior lead strategic financial management positions in New Zealand and Australia. In November 2012 Jo joined the New Zealand Defence Force in the role of Chief Financial Officer; her responsibilities include Finance, Estate and Infrastructure, Insurance, Internal Audit and Assurance.
Jo’s achievements at NZDF include:
- with her team led the financial analysis that underpinned the Defence Mid-Point Rebalancing Review,
- introduced and implemented the financial team’s operating model,
- introducing a strategic business partner approach,
- lead the change of the Defence Property Group,
- with her team developed the 2020 - 2030 Defence Estate Regeneration plan; and
- assisted in delivering the first fully costed Defence White Paper.